[Last Revised: 20th April 2016]
This document sets out the way in which Good Games Publishing (we, us) collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
In this policy:
Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act (but, in short, includes information or an opinion relating to an individual that can be used to identify that individual).
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time.
Products means goods and services that we provide.
Website means goodgamespublishing.com and other websites and forms of social media where you post comments or we interact with you.
What we collect and why
To provide you with Products and/or information about our Products, we may need to collect Personal Information. For example, we invite you to register your interest in our Products online using this Website. If any of the Personal Information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide relevant information about our Products to you.
The nature of the relationship we have with you and the Products you are interested in will determine the personal and other information we collect. The information may include:
- your name, email address, telephone numbers and address;
- Personal Information which is provided to us by you or a third party;
- bank details, credit card details and expiry dates;
- and/orinformation contained in a CV if you apply for a position with us.
How we collect it
We aim to collect Personal Information directly from you, for example, when you send us information through our Website, from emails you send us, during interviews and meetings with you, from business cards and during telephone calls.
We may also collect Personal Information:
- from our commercial partners such as installers and integrators;
- from credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- from debt collection agencies if you default in a payment to us;through our Website and by other electronic communication channels (e.g. when you send us an email or post a comment on one of our blogs);
- from third parties;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- and when we’re permitted or required to do so by law (including the Privacy Act).
Use of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for the purpose of providing our Products, providing information about our Products and other directly related purposes.
We may also use Personal Information:
- to contact you to ask any questions we need to ask in response to your registration of interest;
- to update you regarding our progress in supporting your interest in our Products (for consumers, this includes assisting you in reserving, installing and using our Products in your home or business energy system);
- to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations;
- for insurance purposes;
- subject to you advising us otherwise (see Marketing below), to advise you of additional services or information which may be of interest to you;
- and otherwise as permitted under the Privacy Act.
In addition to the above, we may also use your Personal Information, or aggregate your Personal Information with the Personal Information of other customers (so that the aggregated information is no longer personal) for the purposes of:
- analysis to help us better understand the needs of our customers so that we and third parties can better develop our Products for you;
- and/or analysing your Product to improve your experience and to enable us to develop new or enhanced functionality for you.
If you default in a payment to us, we may use your Personal Information to recover that debt.
Unless we have your consent to do so, we don’t provide your Personal Information to any other person to enable them to send you marketing information unrelated to our Products.
From time to time we may use your Personal Information to provide you with information about our Products, what we’re doing, or to invite you to events we’re holding. If at any time you don’t wish to receive any additional material from us, just get in touch (details below) and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
Disclosing personal information
We may share your Personal Information with our associated companies and related bodies corporate in support of the activities described above in the "Use of Personal Information" section.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
- if you agree to the disclosure;
- when we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. to provide you with Products or information about them;
- in circumstances where you would reasonably expect information of that kind to be passed to a third party (e.g. as a result of disclosure in a court action);
- or where disclosure is required or permitted by law (including under the Privacy Act).
Where we provide Personal Information to companies and contractors who perform services for us, we require those companies and contractors to protect your Personal Information as diligently as we do. Strict contractual and other quality assurance measures are used to ensure your Personal Information is protected.
The way that the Internet is built means that information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including Personal Information, you acknowledge that it is sent through the Internet or other electronic means at your own risk.
How we act to protect and retain your Personal Information
We’ll use our best efforts to protect your Personal Information. Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
Personal Information may be retained if we consider it necessary to do so or to comply with any applicable law or our insurance obligations, in our IT back-up records, for the collection of any monies owed, and to resolve disputes.
Personal Information of job applicants
If you apply for a job with us we will collect Personal Information about you. This will include contact information as well as information in your CV.
We will collect Personal Information from you directly and may also collect Personal Information from third parties (for example referees or employment agencies) or from publicly available sources (such as social media sites).
We will only use or disclosure your Personal Information for the purpose of:
considering your job application;creating an employment relationship with you (if your application is successful); orotherwise as permitted by law (including under the Privacy Act).
Overseas use and disclosure
The Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia. We may also store your Personal Information in third party cloud based databases which may be hosted at a destination outside Australia.
How you can update or correct your Personal Information
You can request access to your Personal Information or correct any inaccurate or out of date information by contacting us using the details below. For security purposes, before we provide you with Personal Information, we may ask you to provide evidence of your identity.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy, and information on making a privacy complaint, are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001